This Wednesday, what you bring to the table will be the only thing on the table.
We are running a scratch service. What we want you to do is come along and be prepared to run a Sanctus 1 session with everyone else. We may come up with:
- something audio or visual, e.g. a piece of music or a film clip;
- something written, e.g. a bible verse, poetry or liturgy;
- something you want to share / food for thought
- a meditation;
- an activity that everyone can take part in;
- something lighthearted, like a game;
- a discussion point;
- all or none of the above!
It could be:
- an act of praise;
- asking God for something;
- a challenge;
- a confession;
- a prayer;
- an ice breaker;
- food for thought;
There are no time limits, although we do not want one single person to dominate the session. We'll get into groups, spend the first part of the session coming up with the service, then we'll spend the second half of the evening running our instant service!
The evening will be made up only of the ideas people bring along, although we will give you plenty of prompts and help on the evening.
Come to the Sanctus 1 scratch service this Wednesday, June 22nd, at 7.30pm at Nexus Art Cafe. This week, *you* are the service!
(A note on Sunday: it is the Manchester Day Parade this Sunday, so we will be joining Nexus at that. We're meeting at 12.30 outside the Castlefield Visitor's Centre.... Sunday regulars, you need to contact each other about what to do if you arrive earlier, as Nexus will be closed.)